The strength of the organic market and how to get started.
Australia now has more organic farms than any other country and we have a strong comparative advantage and brand as a clean, green and safe supplier of quality produce.
The Australian organic industry is growing at an exponential rate, with IBISWorld estimating the market to grow from $919m in 2016 to $1.2b by 2022.
But wait, there’s more!
- Consumer demand for organic produce far outstrips supply (but up to 40 per cent), and this trend of growing popularity has no signs of slowing down (see our next post!)
- Organic grains, fruit and vegetables, livestock feeds, and red meat are all undersupplied (Australian
- Organic markets have been labelled as “recession-proof”, with global sales of organics experiencing double-digit growth when other sectors suffered declines (Australian Organic, 2014)
- In 2016, exports increased to all continents, with tonnes of organic products growing by 17% during the year. (Australian Organic, 2017)
- 56% of US imports of Australian organic produce was organic beef (Australian Organic, 2017)
But, how do get started to serve this growing and vibrant market?
We are delighted to introduced to you Payneham Vale, a 552ha property of early selected undulating gravel loams, which has been NASAA certified organic since 1997 and has received international awards for environmental excellence.
The ability to be a proud environmental and animal steward, whilst being part of one of Australia’s fastest growing industries, is at your reach at “Payneham Vale”. You can grow something you are proud of on a sustainable system and share this with so many that share similar values.
Learn more about this standout property at https://www.ecorealestate.com.au/