Join our Newsletter
Signup today to our EcoNews for properties, events, financing, resources and more
"*" indicates required fields
The Gullies Nature Refuge is located 24 km northeast of Toowoomba, within the Southeast Queensland biogeographic region. 20min to the town of Helidon. The Gullies Nature Refuge contains eucalypt woodland and open forest situated within the Lockyer Creek sub-catchment of the Brisbane River catchment.
The refuge can be your sanctuary for adventure and exploration. Wander through the forest and hike along pristine gullies, immersing yourself in the sights and sounds of the great outdoors. Escape the stress of urban life and find serenity in the simplicity of nature.
Nestled against the Lockyer National Park inherently means you can add an extra 300 acres of native bushland to your exploration. This largely undeveloped park features remote sandstone gorges surrounded by remnant eucalypt forests.
The original owners of the Gullies were botanists. As such, they have meticulously photographed and classified many of the flora species found on the property.
• Rare species present: Helidon ironbark (Eucalyptus taurine)
• Spot rare and iconic Australian wildlife, like koalas, echidnas, and bandicoots. Glossy Black Cockatoos, Powerful owl, greater glider, and brush-tailed rock-wallaby
• Approx 100-acre Nature Refuge
• Nearly 2 acres are excluded from the reserve for personal use
• Fenced on two sides
• Plenty of room to build your own eco hut
• Includes existing rustic open-end cabin, with 1 room and drop dunny and gas shower/bath
• Instant Gas hot water system
• Partially enclosed bath with shower(open to the stars)
• Stay connected with the outside world with a phone booster and solar power
• 2 Solar power to the shed with a 2.3KW inverter
• Relax by the potbelly fireplace inside or cook up a delicious meal on the established fireplace outside
** This property is accessible by 4WD vehicle on an established dirt road.**
The perfect investment for both your well-being and the environment.